The main responsibilities of Accounts Officer are as follows:
1. Arrange and keep account of all expenditure of pay and allowances of officers and staffs of Personal Division.
2. Preparation of annual budget, supplementary budget and revised budget.
3. Acts as drawing and disbursement officer.
4. To present the monthly report about the purchase to Deputy Secretary at the first week of every month.
5. Ensure of all cash and checkbooks, contingent bills, TA/DA bills, pensions and provident funds of non-gazetted employees.
6. Prepare all contingent bills.
7. Maintenance of records of provident fund of non-gazette employees.
8. He will responsible to examine and maintain all cash book, signify of cheek and related all papers.
9. Calculation of non-government fund (if any).
10. Make the budget about foreign currencies and make the arrangement to serve them.
11. Make the arrangements of audit.
12. After every three month compare the calculation about the purchase of this division to Chief accounts officer's office.
13. Maintenance of service books of non-gazette employees.
14. Maintenance of all cash and checkbooks, contingent bills, TA/DA bills, pensions and provident funds of gazette employees.
15. Looks after the pension of all employees of personal division. Note: Senior Assistant Secretary/ Assistant Secretary (Admin) will look after the duties of an Accounts officer during his absence.
© Copyright 2009, Bangabhaban - Bangladesh, all rights reserved.
Financed by Support to ICT Task Force ( ) , Planing Division. Developed by : Ethics Advanced Technology Ltd. ( )